【中英文】昨晚我看到了真爱

2023/12/13 17:50:45  发表于346天前

Despite the cliché title,

尽管这是一个烂俗的标题

I truly witnessed a love that brought me to tears

但我确实亲眼见证了一段感情,让我热泪盈眶

when I got home from work last night.

那是昨天晚上,下班回家的时候

I work as a waiter at a hotel.

我在一家酒店做服务员

Last night

昨晚

this elderly(Late 60's/Early 70's), seemingly wealthy couple came into the restaurant

有一对年老(大约六七十高龄),看起来十分阔绰的夫妻走进了酒店餐厅

and my co-worker seated them.

我的同事引导他们落座

We usually do our own tables,

通常我们只为自己负责的桌子提供服务

but because we were so busy last night

不过昨晚我们都太忙了

we helped each other out.

我们也为彼此帮忙

At one point

这时

the elderly couple signaled to me

那对老夫妻示意让我过去

that they were ready to order.

表示他们准备好点餐了

Once again we were super busy

再说一次,那时我们忙得不可开交

I usually find it rude when people go out of their way to make their order,

每次有客人大费周章的点餐,我总觉得有些失礼

but once I took their order I understood why.

但我为他们下单时,我明白了其中的原因

The husband began ordering

丈夫开始点菜

and started stuttering to an extent I've never heard before

说话结结巴巴,我从没听过有人说话这样含混不清

It was very clear

很明显

that he had a speech disorder.

这人有语言障碍

I could tell

我能断定

the wife had told her husband very extensively what she wanted,

妻子已经非常详细的告诉了丈夫自己想要吃什么

as a way for him to practice ordering.

想用这种方式帮助他训练说话能力

It took a while for him to order,

男人花了很长时间点菜

and in the meantime

在那时

she was sitting there

妻子坐在他身旁

and she looked so proud

看上去无比骄傲

and content

神情惬意

despite her husband's immense stammering.

尽管她丈夫结结巴巴,十分严重


上篇 【中英文】在中国职场,哪些外语证书更有用?

下篇 【中英文】这辈子让你思考最多的一句话

我们提供15个国家/地区的留学服务。您可以通过我们免费申请海外的10所大学,但是每个国家最多只能申请8所。免费申请的国家包括:英国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大)。收费申请的国家包括:美国 / 香港 / 澳门 / 新加坡 / 爱尔兰 / 德国 / 荷兰 / 丹麦 / 瑞典 / 西班牙 / 马耳他 。海外大学查找

我们提供英国 / 美国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大 / 爱尔兰的幼儿园,小学,初中,高中的私立学校(也称私校或独立学校)申请。海外私校查找

我们是英国签证移民署授权的顾问,我们提供各类英国签证和移民服务。签证类型和价格

我们的课程辅导补习覆盖英国的小学,初中,高中,大学,以及各类语言,备考,艺术辅导。辅导类型和价格

我们提供英国语言学校以及夏令营的申请服务。 语言学校查找 夏令营查找